I recently became a widow and have been attending grief support groups. I picked up some good ideas that I am passing on to you.
- Expect a sense of unreality.
- It is common to feel as though you are merely going through the motions.
- A balance can be achieved between reminiscing and moving on with your life.
- Fill a box with memorabilia to share with a close friend.
- Give yourself time to adjust to a new normal.
- Give yourself goals that you can complete in a day.
- Gain momentum in your daily tasks.
- Be honest with yourself.
- Live guilt free.
- Do things that make you feel good about yourself.
- Realize that you are recreating your self.
- Think positively–expect good things to happen.
- Focus on new experiences.
- Do some journaling to mark your progress.
- Spend time with the Lord experiencing His unmerited love.
- Reach out to others along the way.
May God bless your journey, my friend!
Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that man should be alone.” Genesis 2:18